Sunday 10 April 2016

"The glitter in the sky looks as if I could scoop it all up in my hands and let the stars swirl and touch one another, but they are so distant, so very far apart, that they cannot feel the warmth of each other, even though they are made of burning." — Beth Revis, Across the Universe _ Over 1.4 million people visit Arches National Park, Utah each year... And I can see why. We spent today driving around and hiking the trails. Its pure natural beauty. After my kids went to sleep I returned by myself after dark and captured more otherworldly scenes, this time without the crowds. _ Bright stars twinkled between the clouds. But in this particular spot near Skyline Arch the night was much darker than this long exposure suggests. So dark and so quiet and so isolated, I felt like the last person on earth. It was both unnerving and liberating at the same time. I could barely see my hand in front of my face. But I knew exactly where I was... My car on the other hand was a different story. There's nothing quite like being alone in the wilderness with time to reflect and meditate. I love the serenity. #utah #findyourpark


No comments:

Post a Comment