Sunday 10 April 2016

"Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring." - William Alexander _ Montezuma Valley Outlook in Mesa Verde national park in southwest Colorado. We were here last week while staying in Durango. _ The appropriately named rock formation The Knife Edge in the background contrasts perfectly against the burnt out tree in the foreground. _ What this photo doesn't show is the gale-force winds on the mountain side sweeping up from the valley below. I could barely stand up straight, let alone hold the camera still. The shot turned out just fine fortunately... After a couple tries. 😊 _ Camera: Panasonic #LUMIX DMC-ZS100. @visitdurango


No comments:

Post a Comment