Sunday 14 February 2016

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." - Ralph Waldo Emerson _ Fatih Mosque on the Istanbul old city skyline at sunset. _ This mosque was originally built in 1463, devastated by multiple earthquakes and rebuilt in 1766. _ This golden moment was one of my favourite sunsets in 4 years of nomadic travel. _ I took a photo walk with @vaughanmac_ around Istanbul for the whole day. Initially I hoped to capture the sunset from the top of Galata Tower. But with a long queue winding over 40 metres out of the tower I figured I'd have to find another vantage point. Walking down to the waterfront of Golden Horn I sought out the best location. By luck I tried the pedestrian overpass connected to the train line. And it turned out to be a winner, as I captured this epic view and many more. _ Even though we're only in February, I know at the end of the year this shot will end up on my list of top photos of 2016. _ Who is someone special you would like to share this sunset with? Tag them in your comment below. _ #istanbul #turkey


No comments:

Post a Comment